Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Grandson

My Grandson

My grandson I describe as best I can
He's a sweet and gentle little man.
Full of life, merriment and wonder
At times, quiet as a lamb and load as thunder.

He has a round little face and fair white skin
Rosy red cheeks and a short little chin.
Deep blue eyes like the sky above
With a small button nose on the face I love.

But most of all what stands out to me
Is the hair on his head is as red can be.
That red hair just makes you feel so good.
Makes you feel better than you actually should.

He calls me on the phone, he sounds like a mouse
"What you doin' NANA? Can I come to your house?"
"I play with your toys? We can make things too!
With paper and crayons and markers and glue!"

He's his daddy made over when I watch him sleep
Never giving any trouble, he's such a joy to keep.
He's the best little fella so gentle and mild
He's grander than grand, my little grandchild.
-------------------------

This is a poem I wrote back in 2004 for my grandson Caleb.

No comments:

Post a Comment