Sunday, January 3, 2010

Soldiers Angel's

I sat before a good ole friend today
Clicked a button and my hand upon a mouse
Her eyes how brightly they shined
All in the comfort of my house.

The home page appeared from no where
Do I Yahoo? Do I Google? Which ever I please.
A search which I was about to perform
As my fingers danced across the keys.

I thought to myself what do I want to know about?
I wondered what should I search for?
My eyes wandered down to the captions
The headlines talked about the Iraq War.

I typed "Soldiers"; a list of websites flooded my screen
There was one that caught my eye as I scrolled down
I read it aloud, my interest was peeked
SoldiersAngels.org is the website I found.

"Adopt a Soldier, providing a service from Angels
Of letters and care packages to troops in need"
I wondered, what's this all about?
I wanted to know more of their thoughtful deed.

A click and whoosh away, it carried me there.
Stories of encouragement to our soldiers in harms way
Via letters and emails and packages were sent
To the service Men and Women each day.

Other than material things were sent as well
The prayers that were said to our Father above
"Keep them safe, Bring them home and above all
Let no Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine go unloved!"

This was a group I wanted to join and to get to know
I could write letters and send packages in the mail
I could send support to a soldier, a shoulder to lean on
I can send emails and post cards and baked goods as well

To share ones self is a comforting deed
It makes me feel like I'm helping in some small way
Thanks goes to the Military to complete their mission
Helping our Hero's for the sacrifice they pay.

-------------------------------------------
Written by Brenda Estes SA Member

2 comments:

  1. After seeing your comment on my blog I just had to visit your blog. I have put a link to your blog on mine and also added your blog to my Blog Reader. I do like your poetry. It is so multi- facted, profound, heart warming and some of it tickles my funny bone. I am anxious to see your cards and jewelry too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the kinds comment. I need to take sometime to do the things I enjoy more often this year.

    ReplyDelete